Summer is Here!


If you have oily skin, summer is a horrid season for your skin. It takes no time at all for your face to be an oily, hot mess once you get out that door.

I used to not wear moisturizer and sunscreen because most of them just broke me out. But once I realized the importance of both, I just had to find the best sunscreen for oily skin as well as a great moisturizer to complement it.

Looking for the non-comedogenic label is one thing, but I also learned to watch out for ones that are lightweight, easily absorbable, and hypoallergenic.

I still try to get away from direct sunlight as much as possible. I've even moved my regular swimming sessions to 6AM just to get out of the midday sun (I used to go from 11AM-1PM).

Some of the products that I really like are:
There are products that are two-for-one like the Elta MD. I feel like it's splitting the effort as well though, so I still want to have the sunscreen and moisturizer separately.

Having regular sunscreen will also cut the aging process because its the one thing that can accelerate the skin's aging process. As I grow older, I'm now always conscious to put sunscreen on before I go out, even for a little while. Lesson learned (hopefully not too late!)

Comments

Popular Posts